Saturday, May 23, 2009
Thursday, May 14, 2009
With the help and courtesy of Mr. S. Leather, I have been able to set up the skeleton model with actual leather and latex clothing. This will help greatly when I execute the paintings - the reference photo will allow me to accurately render the leather gear.
For the first round, I borrowed a leather harness, and military cap. In some poses, it didn’t look quite right on the skeleton, and distracted from the composition. But in others, the leather works quite nicely with the concept and composition I have in mind.
Today, I went and borrowed dominaitrix type leather gear. Linda at Mr. S. was very helpful, and assisted me by suggesting coordinating pieces.
As usual, dressing up a female BDSM skeleton was way harder than dressing up a male BDSM skeleton. The latex appears to be way more delicate than leather, so I wrapped the joints on the skeleton to ensure that the screws and other hardware didn’t accidentally snag the latex when I put on the apparel.
I was up and down on the ladder a zillion times today, and my legs knees and hip are killing me. Must be my age.
The boots and gloves proved to be too difficult to put on the skeleton - rather than risk damaging the gloves, I’m going to just put them on my own arm and photograph my arm in the position I’ve set up in the study sketch, so that I can capture the folds and lighting. Same with the boots.
Over the weekend, I got four of the drawings transferred to panel and did the first underpainting of acrylic. And on two of the paintings, I got the first oil layer into the background.