Sunday, March 27, 2011

Blood Python


The mother python is largely done, and I even got some work done on the small snake crawling over her. It still needs some highlights on the back section.

In the next couple of days I'll start on the skull. The details for the baby snakes will be added last. Also need to bring up blades of grass in front of and across the snake and paint in more of the foreground foliage. I'm feeling good that I will have this painting done in time for a two person exhibit in early May here in San Francisco at Incline Gallery. Over the next week I also have to order up some frames for drawings and prints.

I had a near disaster today.... I somehow bumped the easel and the painting came flying off of it and fell to the floor. Fortunately, nothing happened to the painting but I will have a good bruise on my leg to show for it. Did I tell you that I am a klutz? This follows my other recent accident a few weeks ago when I spilled hot water on my arm and ended up with a 2nd degree burn. Now you know why I'm not in the food service business.

1 comment: