Sunday, November 8, 2009

Lizard model

This evening, I did some photography, to develop reference photos for a number of paintings I'm going to be starting. (enough to keep me busy for quite a while). As usual, I underestimated the amount of time it would take, and only got about halfway through what needed to be done. However, I was happy with how my little copulating monitor lizards are looking! After looking at the photo, I'm going to retake it tomorrow night, from a slightly higher angle.

I also started trying to manipulate and set up the boa in a tree branch. The clay model snake is so limpid that I needed to find away to suspend it and get rid of the droop. String or wire would cut into the clay and would not be a good solution. So I used a band of saran wrap to suspend it... this suspension method doesn't cut into the clay.

No comments:

Post a Comment