Sunday, October 4, 2009

Studio Visit



Started the weekend off well. Friday morning, Anna Conti and her friend Marianna Whang came for a studio visit. I showed them some of my recent BDSM skeletons, as well as clay sculpture chimps for an upcoming piece that I only have sketched out. Then we had lunch, and a lively political discussion. I tagged along with them to SF MOMA, and Anna and I checked out the Postwar Japan photo exhibit - quite interesting. I got to hang out with Anna and a group of artist friends on the SFMOMA rooftop sculpture garden. Ended the afternoon by going to Ritch St. where there were some food vendors- actually quite good.

Saturday, worked on Death and the Maiden. Went through a frustrating phase, where the proportion of the legs and feet didn't look right. But late that evening it all seemed to fall in place. The reference photo of the model is OK, but the model's left foot is in an awkward position. I ended up sketching my own foot on Sunday, but hopefully no one will notice .

Sunday afternoon, I went to check out the Open Studios SOMART exhibit - all the Open Studios artists have a sample small piece. Finished out the afternoon and evening working on the second Dom and lease painting - all that is left now is to put in some highlights on the hands, and touch it up a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment