Sunday, October 18, 2009

Tiny skeleton rockers



I saw some itty bitty paintings over at Anna Conti's home, sitting on her mantel; one was a beautiful Chester Arnold portrait, and another was a little landscape by Anna. They were both like little gems sitting up there, and I got the itch to do some tiny paintings. I don't even know why I decided to do musicians and rockers. Below is a little prep drawing inspired by Van Halen, and then a painting in process of Peter Townsend. The little Van halen will be 6 x 6 and the little Pete will be 7 x 5. I also have a little skeleton inspired by Axl Rose, a sax player, and a violinist.

The little guitar player painting below still needs highlights on the hands, and details like the pickups and frets on the guitar (Les Paul sunburst - love the colors)

I'll be showing at least three of these at Open Studios next weekend. I'm going to try to get all 5 done by Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment